Thursday, July 23, 2009

One Quesadilla, Please!

Friday, July 17

Remember that I love you!


I woke up this morning to the wonderful comforts of hotel luxury, and my best friend. Little did I realize it was 7:15, and Ginny had texted me to tell me to be downstairs by 7:30 for a breakfast meeting.

I snagged a bagel, finished the meeting, and sluggishly heaved my way back to my bed. Starling enjoyed the bagel, though I'm sure she was eating it in her sleep. It was a sight to see! I mean just take a second and imagine someone laying in bed, completely zonked out -- eyes closed -- chewing on a big piece of bagel. Amazing!

I eventually made my way downstairs for the workshop I was speaking in. Fortunately, the presentation and content was 10X better than before. I don't know if I just felt more comfortable speaking or if I really did feel like what I had to say was making an impact on my audience, but it just felt better. I can officially say that my first national gig went well.

After speaking, I booked it out of the hotel to go meet Starling in Columbia Heights at this adorable little restaurant called Sticky Fingers. I ordered a quesadilla before realizing it was vegan. I didn't like the cheese.

I have a question, though: When is Knoxville's vegan/vegetarian place opening? I think it's called Veg-o-Rama, and it's on Central. Someone check into it, and we can have a coming home party veggie style! I was ready to come home that afternoon, but at the same time I was missing NYC. I'm interested to see what my reaction will be in Knoxville! D.C. is much bigger, and seemingly has more variety of things to do than Knoxville, yet when I was there it seemed small and insignificant. Huh...

The flight from D.C. to NYC was, of course, terrifying. Turbulence. Thunderstorms. No snacks. Yet, again, no one else on the flight seemed to mind, so I didn't outwardly panic.

CONRAD'S MUST-DO'S:
** REFRAME WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY WHEN IT DOESN'T APPLY TO WHO YOU ARE SAYING IT TO.
** ALWAYS HELP PEOPLE WITH GSA WORK.
** FORCE QUESADILLAS ON MELANIE.


CONRAD'S MUST-NOT'S:
** RIDE THE M60 BUS (SORRY JAKE).
** GO GROCERY SHOPPING ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.
** START CRYING ON THE AIRPLANE.

No comments:

Post a Comment