Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hold your breath!


A beautifully illustrated Bible plays desk for me.

I'm embarking on an adventure; the first steps take me through a whirl wind of questions, concerns, and hopes for my travels. It's like taking the steps up onto the big rock at the quarry before plunging into the icy depths of the green-blue world. I'm not committed until I jump, and then it's all-in! I never jump, but now's a good time to start.

As with many quests, this one has a goal. Or two. Or it's a little more complex than that! Beyond the obvious fulfillment of my research internship at GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network), I yearn to grow and stretch my arms into this world. I want to meet amazing people who will open doors and sing songs for me. I want to encounter independence, and give that a fair shot. I want to find my abilities, and challenge my boundaries. Above all, I want to garner a new kind of respect; knowing myself.

I'll keep all the interesting stuff well posted. I cannot imagine all the crazy things there is for me to see! On that note, I'll see, and you read.

STAY TUNED FOR:
** YALE CONFERENCE!
** NYC PRIDE!
** WHITE HOUSE VISIT!
** GLSEN!
** PLANNED PARENTHOOD & D.C.
** MARIE!
** NYC!
** P-TOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment